Your podcast’s description can have a big impact on your ability to attract new listeners.
By including relevant search keywords in your description, it can help you surface in more relevant searches, thus exposing you to additional potential audience members. And by choosing your words strategically, you can answer a few key questions that any potential audience member has when trying to decide whether to give your show a chance or not.
This week, we provide actionable tips and advice that help you improve your podcast description … and gain more new listeners in the process.
Among the topics we discuss:
• The objectives that you need to have for your podcast description
• The different elements of your show that your podcast description should clarify for your audience
• Why Molly Beck’s 3-sentence framework is a great starting place for improvising your podcast description
• The two biggest questions your podcast description needs to answer
• Why you shouldn’t overlook the importance of selling yourself in your podcast description
Here are the two articles we reference in this episode:
• The Template You Need To Write Your Podcast Show Description by Molly Beck
• How to Write a Better Podcast Description That Attracts New Listeners by The Podcast Dude
Subscribe to The Showrunner
If you find this episode useful, you should also check out these recent episodes:
•  Are You Forgetting These Essential Elements of Your Podcast Category Page?
•  How to Build an Audience That Transcends Your Content: The 3 C’s Approach
•  How to Name Your Podcast for Maximum Listener Attraction