This week we discuss a topic that is easy to overlook: your podcast category (aka archive) page on your website.
But we aren’t overlooking it. Not only is it the topic of this week’s Accountability Challenge in the Showrunner Podcasting Community, but we also recently updated our podcast archive page too.
What purpose does this page serve? What essential elements should it include? We’ll walk you through the basics that every one of these pages should have.
Among the topics we discuss:
• Why the data suggests you shouldn’t overlook the importance of your podcast category page
• The three questions people come to your podcast category page with — which your on-page content needs to answer
• A handful of elements that are must-haves for any podcast category page
• A few additional ideas for helpful, but non-mandatory, elements
We also shine the Showrunner Spotlight on a sextet of members of the Showrunner Podcasting Community. These folks have been the most active members over the first few weeks of the community, and we wouldn’t have achieved the early growth and enthusiasm that we have without them.
Listen to this week’s episode here:
Subscribe to The Showrunner
If you find this episode useful, you should also check out these recent episodes:
•  How to Build an Audience That Transcends Your Content: The 3 C’s Approach
•  3 Pieces of ‘Low-Hanging Fruit’ That Will Help You Attract More Listeners
•  What Are You Avoiding That You Know You Should Be Doing?