This week we are going to talk about naming your show.
Specifically, we are going to go over three key concepts that you should consider when coming up with the name for your new show — or, if you have a show that isn’t getting the traction that you want, then for renaming an existing show.
And even if you are settled on your name, so you’re thinking maybe you should just skip this episode, you shouldn’t. The concepts we’re going to discuss today are applicable to many elements of your show besides just your name.
Among the topics we discuss:
• Why you definitely should not emulate the name of the #1-ranked show in Apple Podcasts
• Why context is everything
• The importance of understanding your usefulness proposition and working it into your show’s name
• The importance of also understanding your primary differentiator, and working that into your name too
• Why you shouldn’t get too cute trying to be different and memorable, at the expense of actually showing up for terms people search for
And much more.
We also shine our Showrunner Spotlight on Robbie Samuels, find out why Jerod was extra excited about this broadcast, and learn what Jonny’s last meal on earth would be.
Subscribe to The Showrunner
If you find this episode useful, you should also check out these three recent episodes: